Stunt
Stunt was released in 1998.
Track Listing:
1. One Week
2. It's All Been Done
3. Light Up My Room
4. I'll Be That Girl
5. Leave
6. Alcohol
7. Call and Answer
8. In the Car
9. Never Is Enough
10. Who Needs Sleep?
11. Told You So
12. Some Fantastic
13. When You Dream
Genre: Pop Rock
Here is another from my wife's collection. This is the Barenaked Ladies 4th album. I know very little about this band so I'm going in blind here.
This album starts off with One Week, I'm pretty sure their biggest hit. Its... fine? The lyrics are meh and the guitars are a decent, funk tinged sound. Pretty inoffensive. But it sets the bar too high, nothing else on Stunt has this energy.
That funk tinged guitar sound carries throughout the album. Mostly its slower songs like Light Up My Room and I'll Be That Girl, but they don't really do much for me. They just feel like bland placeholders to fill space.
This feels similar to bands like Third Eye Blind, and Hootie and the Blowfish. That same generic radio pop rock that all the radio stations played non-stop in the early 2000s.
Overall this was much blander than I expected. It feels like they wanted to make an album that sounds like plain oatmeal tastes. I don't understand the appeal of songs like Call and Answer where nothing happens for nearly 6 minutes.
1 green and 3 red, this album clearly isn't for me.
2/5
Comments
Post a Comment