Krüller
Krüller was released in 2022
Track Listing:
1. Drone Carrying Dread
2. Incinerator
3. Centurion
4. Maiden Star
5. Misery
6. Glorybox
7. Blacksmith
8. Krüller
Genre: Industrial
I bought this album on a whim thinking I was getting into Author & Punisher and I thought the leadoff single Drone Carrying Dread was pretty good. And it is, its a solid song. The programmed drums, the drone-y bass and the airy synths all mesh together well.
The problem is I can say that for the majority of the songs he's written. They all plod along at a similar pace with the droning bass and programmed drums carrying the song. This time though, the album has an almost synthwave tint to it (Perturbater was involved with the production here, which probably explains that).
The first A&P song I heard was Nihil Strength from Beastland. This is relevant here because every time the next track starts I think it's Nihil Strength. The album is very same-y.
There's some guest spots here. Justin Chancellor on 3, Danny Carey on 5, but I don't know why. It doesn't change much.
Glorybox is interesting, they managed to take Portishead's best song and add it to Nihil Strength. Blacksmith is legitimately unique on the album. I think Vytear managed to mix up the song by adding their own glitch touches.
Overall no colored songs. There's nothing bad enough for red or good enough for green. Author & Punisher know what they want to do an they do it. No real deviations or changes in pace. Sure, each song has its own flavor, but they're built on the same structure and that overwhelming bass drone really makes this one dimensional.
3/5
Comments
Post a Comment