Author & Punisher
Author & Punisher is an industrial band that formed in 2004. Calling them a band is a bit of a stretch, this is a one man project headed by Tristan Shone.
This is the kind of band that really appeals to me.
A one man project, headed by a guy that builds his own electronics to get a unique sound and has been referred to as 10 inch nails. What wouldn't I love?
But, in practice, something is lacking. They don't have Nine Inch Nails ferocity (or Trents lyricism). They feel similar to 3TEETH (Another industrial band) but without the political lyrics (I guess Beastland was somewhat political, but less direct). They have a similar feel to Godflesh, that repetitive pounding style to each song. But where Godflesh manages to keep it interesting over the course of an album, Author & Punisher tends to get exhausting.
Is it the pacing? The lack of discernable guitars? All of the above? They tend to get monotonous which hurts the whole album listening experience. They're a decent band, but a tier below the best.
Albums I own:
Krüller - Vinyl
Albums I Want:
Maybe Beastland?
Comments
Post a Comment